Blog Archive

6.20.2012

When I was little, I used to sing in the shower. Now? I make life decisions there.

Soludos, a great summer shoe.  I discovered these this year when looking for an appropriate summer shoe for my boyfriend.  One day I read an email regarding summer footwear for men.  According to their stylist Jack (I don't know him personally by first name but I get a lot of men's styling tips from him via mass emails),  flip flops are strictly for the beach.  Really thinking about it, I can see what Jack means.. even now, I tend to shy away from regular flip flops and go for a nicer flat sandal however guys don't often have this luxury.  Not to mention I don't know many guys with well maintained feet that should be shown off at all times.  With this being said, it made me go on a mission to find my boyfriend some close toed summer shoes.  Along came the Soludos for J.Crew.  I purchased two pairs for him (with his assurance that he actually liked them and was not going to wear them because I wanted him to) and then Shopbop happened to have their big sale so I purchased this pair for myself  (after getting help from him with choosing a pattern).  I ended up loving mine, but sadly his didn't fit.  Still looking for that perfect close toed summer shoe for him!  Next on the list for him to try are some classic Toms, i'll let you know how that works out..

22 comments:

  1. I like the pair you purchased from shopbop! I don't think I could convince my boyfriend to wear Soludos...You have great style! I'm a new follower:)
    xo, Chelsea
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, hope you can find the right pair for him! That's so sweet of you to do :)
    Haha, gotta keep him fashionable!

    Enter to win a $40 gift voucher to Ministry of Retail!
    Trendy Teal

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice pair of shoes! I would like to buy if for my boyfriend! thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool new shoes. its seems very comfortable...
    kisses
    fran

    showroomdegarde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the shoes :)
    visit my blog? http://raellarina.blogspot.com/
    and if you like it, feel free to click that follow button pretty! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg cool shoes!
    they look so comfy^^
    thanks for commenting on my blog,
    you style is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are amazing and also comfy!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those shoes,the print is lovely! :)

    Take care,Daniella xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. they are much better than flip flop. i think toms would be a perfect one for your boy.

    xx,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the title!

    Visit my blog? xx Miss Beatrix (http://missbeatrix.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like your blog dear!
    Keep posting, you do it great!!

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those shoes! The title to this post is so true!
    http://anarkalilovesme.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have such a cute blog and aptly titled posts that always make me smile. I'm your latest Bloglovin' member. Keep up the great work!

    xx Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These shoes look great! I have to admit, I tend to wear the same flip flops day in and day out through summer so I need some casual flats like this xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. these shoes are so cute! and LOVE the shoes here :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those shoes are SO cute, I love that pattern, I haven't seen that before!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love your tribal print shoes.. soo chic
    xoxo http://sabihataskin.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love ur blog, the shoes r real cool!

    I'm gonna follow u girl

    http://thewild-swans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your shoes are adorable!! Love the color and print! They look really comfy, like a more stylish Toms. And I totally agree with the flip flop rules, especially for guys.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these espadrilles!

    Rebecca
    www.redtagchiclosangeles.com

    ReplyDelete