Blog Archive

2.17.2011

Welcome to Cynical Island, population: you.

My mother asked me if I would like to go on a date with her ex-boss's son. In amazement, I said uhmm, how old is he? She said, I don't know, 33 or something. I then asked whether she knew how old I was and if she was okay with a 10 year age difference. She answers with, it's okay he makes a lot of money and proceeds to tell me that she used to tell her ex-boss to have his son wait until I got older so that we could date.. granted this is when he was about to go off to college and I was still in middle school or so. I love our conversations.










(top & bottom: Textile Elizabeth & James |shoes: Jeffrey Campbell |clutch & hat: Alexander Wang |ring: Made Her Think & Pamela Love)

29 comments:

  1. hehehe the convo with your mom is so cute!

    i love your chunky knit grey sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh boy...that conversation reminded me of a blind date my dad set up for me and his friend's son...long story short it was a disaster.

    Anyway love the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ur sweater is gorgeous!

    -laura
    http://thesemanyyears.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute that your mum is trying to set you up with someone

    xx

    have a great day x

    www.christie86.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg i am sooo in love with your clutch! and that ring is awesome too :)
    parents are soo funny...i think my mom did the same thing to me too :)

    Fashion Bag 411

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL your mum is hilarious! My parents would prefer for me to be a nun than go on a date. Or get married. Ever. Haha. How did the date go?

    ♥ Leia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your cropped jumper is combined perfectly with the jeans,
    love the jumper anyway and that clutch is perfect as well!

    ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice sweater and again love the bag! Is there any reason why you always have Alexander Wang bags?

    Christine

    http://district5-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. okay this sweater is AMAZING! <3 you look so good. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the sweater and the clutch is beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely sweater, great texture :) loving the clutch too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that bag and that sweater.
    http://joannafashionnerd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. your mom is great :D love the outfit, especially the clutch.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. oohh
    how was your date?
    your mom is so cute. LOL

    i love your sweater and your nail color ;)

    <3
    http://escapesweetest.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's funny, if you have to go I hope it goes well! I love your clutch!
    -Meagan
    http://spunkychateau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. amazing sweater!!i want it!
    if you want visit my new blog:
    http://reddays-reddays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. those jeans fit you amazing and the sweater just perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. your outfit is perfection! absolutely in loveee with it! keep it up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hahahahaha. Oh mothers...their minds are so twisted. I love this outfit, especially the sweater...at first I thought it was Isabel Marant. You look absolutely lovely in all these pics, love to see you're fighting the cold with so much style!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. - hey baby girl, love your ring

    ReplyDelete
  21. HAHA i just blogged about when i had a who-i-would-date conversation with my mum the other day . on another note , i need your beanie .

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE YOUR CHUNKY CROP SWEATER...WHERE CAN I FIND ONE?!?

    http://styledbyjanet.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete